For hundreds of years, Litsea, which is a plant grown indigenously in East Asia, has been used by the native people of Taiwan in traditional health practices. Like Manuka Essential Oil, Litsea Essential Oil comes from a tree. This tree bears pale, lemon scented flowers and small fruits that look like small peppers. For this reason, the Litsea fruit is also known as the "mountain pepper", in Mandarin. Litsea Essential Oil has a fresh, sweet, citrus-like aroma which promotes feelings of fresh energy and also joins the rest of our citrus essential oils family, as a delicious flavoring when added to water. The first thing you will notice upon opening the bottle, is Litsea’s beautiful aroma. Its long-lasting fragrance contains hints of both spice and citrus.
- Incorporate Litsea into your daily supplement routine for the antioxidant support your cells need to maintain health.
- Litsea also promotes the health of the cardiovascular, immune, nervous, and respiratory systems.
- Aside from using it internally, you can also use Litsea oil topically on daily basis. Adding this one extra step to your skin care routine will help to beautify your skin and keep you feeling clean and clear.
- Use as a spot treatment during the day or at night to help reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Litsea is great for blending with Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Rose, Sandalwood, Frankincense, Geranium, Vetiver, Fennel or Cedarwood when you need to feel more balance in your life, or if you are looking for a great oil to apply topically, or diffuse, during mediation, to help clear your mind and rejuventate your energy.
Litsea can also be added to the following homemade surface cleanser for a fresh aroma